Alana Riksheim’s primary practice areas include construction litigation, surety litigation, commercial industry contracts and litigation, insurance defense, and property litigation.
Alana was the winner of the 2017 ABA Forum on Construction Law Student Writing Competition. Also, while at Tulane, Alana was the Senior Notes and Comments Editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal and a member of the Moot Court Board and Interschool team. She was the recipient of the Ray Forrester Award for Constitutional Law.
- All Louisiana State courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Yale University (B.A.)
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- The Rise of the Exoneration Clause: The Second Circuit Holds a Downstream Covenant Not to Sue Enforceable in Sompo Japan Insurance Co. of America v. Norfolk Southern Railway Co., 39 TUL. MAR. L.J. 777.
- Multimillion-Dollar Commas and “Magic Words”: The In re Deepwater Horizon Additional Insured Dispute, 40 TUL. MAR. L.J. 227.