Laura Avery’s primary practice areas include construction litigation, surety litigation, commercial industry contracts and litigation, insurance defense, property litigation, and labor and employment law.
While at Tulane, Laura served as a Justice on the Moot Court Board and as President of the American Constitution Society.
- All Louisiana State courts
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Tulane University School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (B.F.A.)
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association
- A Practical How-to Guide for Turning ESI into Evidence and Getting it Admitted, National Business Institute (Oct 2018)
- Recent Developments in Louisiana Construction Law, CMAA Gulf Coast Chapter (Jul 2018)
- Ethical Considerations, Construction Contracts from Start to Finish, National Business Institute (Jul 2018)
- Thinking of Taking a Cruise this Summer?, ABA Young Lawyers Division TYL Magazine (Summer 2017)