On November 1, 2019, the Junior League held their annual Touch a Truck event, a unique experience that gives children and their families an up-close look at their favorite “big trucks” and the opportunity to meet the people that protect, serve, and build Metropolitan New Orleans.
Nearly 3,500 attendees of all ages thoroughly enjoyed the wide array of vehicles and activities, and the Junior League of New Orleans also held Field Trip Friday, a program that enabled 931 students from their partner schools to enjoy the event for free.
Thanks to sponsors like Shields Mott L.L.P., and all fundraiser proceeds combined with 40,000 hours of direct volunteer service, the Junior League of New Orleans was able to:
- Provide one million diapers to help families from the bottom up
- Support a local woman entrepreneur through a year-long fellowship
- Give meaningful experiences to over 150 at-risk and homeless youth, making them feel value and hope
- Deliver financial literacy curriculum enabling women and girls to make and achieve financial goals
- Train over 250 teens on safe babysitting practices
- Award 3 non-traditional students scholarships to start or continue their education
- Distribute over $50,000 in grants to local nonprofits initiating or expanding their programs
Shields Mott L.L.P. is proud to have sponsored this great event!